The City ends its practice of incarcerating Trans and Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC) People of Color, particolarly youth and trans women & femmes. In place of this practice, the City will create a diversion program that provides services to trans people living on the margins, who by necessity are often forced to participate in underground economies. Further:
- The City deprioritize arrests for solicitation and other related offenses;
- The City expand access to Crime Victims Compensation Programs (CVCP) so that victims of a crime who engage in sex work can comfortably report the crime and seek legal remedy without facing charges related to their means of employment;
- The City folly decriminalize sex work by the year 2019.
- The City expand access to Crime Victims Compensation Programs (CVCP) so that victims who are TGNC have access to individual temporary housing.
Diversion program to not involve MPD management or input and further:
- Will seek input from TGNC Community members via Survey conducted by city, A TGNC Task Force, and the Sex Workers Advocacy Coalition.
Was this helpful?