What You Need To Know
Organization Commitment Letter in support to Decriminalize Sex Work!
Local Community Leaders, Organizations and No Justice No Pride (NJNP) are deeply concerned about the ongoing marginalization of transgender and Gender Non-Conforming individuals, particularly Black and Brown Trans Woman. With ongoing attacks on our healthcare, employment and even our right to shelter, not to mention many in our community still reeling from the devastating impacts caused by the passage of FOSTA & SESTA. We need our local elected leaders to move out of the way and do their jobs when it comes to legislature that truly supports our community safety such as the 'Reducing Criminalization to Promote Public Safety and Health Amendment Act' and related efforts to decriminalize sex work!
We call on DC area community groups and organizations to sign on in support! By signing on we asked that your organization or group commit to the following:
- Sign on to the Sex Worker Advocates Coalition (SWAC) and that you are okay with us sharing your contact info to HIPS to be added to the SWAC email list.
- Sign on to coalition letter being for D.C. City Council.
- Helps with turn out and social media cross promoting for SWAC related actions, hearings and related events.
- Engages with your local base or membership on the importance of this bill, providing popular education based approaches for greater understanding of the issues. You can find factsheets and other Decrim related resources on our Decrim campaign hub, DecrimNow, Collective Action for Safe Spaces, HIPS and more.
- Support the leadership and direction from sex workers and those most impacted by criminalization.
*Please only sign, if you have permission or consent from your organization or group for signing onto causes.*
Click here, if you wish to support as an individual.
Like this to spread the word